ViralHope Weekly Update – May 3rd, 2010
Here are some highlights about ViralHope: Good News from the Urbs to the Burbs (and everything in between) from this past week and a peek at some interesting news this coming week.
THIS PAST WEEK
• A number of us had a great time sharing about ViralHope at the book signing event at Fuller Theological Seminary, sponsored by the Lowell Berry Center for Lifelong Learning and the Office of Alumni/ae and Church Relations. Here is a report of the event on Fuller’s website. I had a chance to share about ViralHope and we had a great Q & A time. More books sold and the refreshments were amazing.
• Patrick Oden, who I haven’t had the chance to meet yet, posted an excellent review of ViralHope on Amazon this past week. He entitled his review: Inspirational, Theological, Refreshing. Here are a couple of lines from his review. “ViralHope is interesting on a theological level, it is inspirational on a spiritual level, and it is motivational on a practical level. It is a book that is very much needed as it goes beyond just telling us what to do or what to say. It shares with us the stories of God’s work in our contemporary world, inviting us to participate in our contexts as we participate more and more with the God who so loves the world he sent his only son.” If you read his review and find it helpful, please mark it on Amazon.
• Chris Smith at Englewood Review of Books, not only posts his review of ViralHope, but is having a giveaway of two copies of ViralHope. It is pretty easy to enter in the context to win. The context lasts until this coming Friday, May 7th, so you can still enter!
• Winn Collier had a cool giveaway this past week. The context was simple. Post a comment and give three words that come to mind for you when you think of hope for the gospel. Great idea. I may do that later this month.
• I shared Sunday evening at Ecclesia Stockton, a church in Stockton, California. They bought a number of copies of ViralHope and are reading it through as a congregation together. You can make bulk orders of ViralHope at our Ecclesia Press website.
• This coming Sunday morning, I will be sharing a message about ViralHope at Live Church LA. They meet at 10 a.m. at Club Nokia (L.A. LIVE). I will also be signing books. If you are in the LA area, please come by this Sunday Morning, May 9th. The church purchased a bulk order of books and will be reading it together as a congregation. You may want to do the same with your congregation, small group, village, community group, cluster or home group.
• If you want a chance at winning a free book, be sure to visit The Englewood Review, and then all you have to do to enter the contest is to tweet about the contest on Twitter, Facebook or your blog and post a comment on their site with your name and link to your post. Contest ends this Friday, May 7th at 4 p.m. EST.
• Hopefully this week we will be setting up some book release parties on the East Coast. Possible cities we may visit include Richmond, VA, Washington D.C., Annapolis, MD and Philadelphia.
VIRALHOPE ON THE WEB THIS PAST WEEK
1. Fuller Community Members Share New Book Releases – a Report on the Book Signing Event this past week
2. Sivin Kit from Kuala Lumpur shares a photo of his copies of ViralHope – Sivin Kit’s Adventures
3. A Brief Review of ViralHope by Chris Smith – Englewood Review of Books
4. Patrick Oden reviews ViralHope – On Amazon
5. Winn Collier had a ViralHope Giveaway – WinnCollier.com
6. ViralHope hits the UK – Amazon.co.uk
If you know about an article or blog about ViralHope that I missed, just let me know and I will post it in next week’s addition.