50 Lessons in Discipleship (31-35)
In this series, I will be sharing 50 lessons in discipleship and mentoring. These are lessons that I have learned through life, sometimes through my mentors others times through my mentoring. I pass them on in hopes that they may be a blessing to you and others. I will share five at a time, because I think each statement will be richer as they are reflected upon. Thirty-nine of the Psalms contain the word Selah to break up the Psalm. Selah is the Hebrew way of saying “stop and listen” or “think about it.” So after each of the five discipleship lessons I will put Selah. Please feel free to share lessons you have learned in discipleship or your thoughts on lessons that I’ve learned. These lessons are not in any particular order.
LESSONS IN DISCIPLESHIP
31. Connecting people to other people and ministries enriches life, ministry and mentoring
32. We are called to suffer for His name sake and this should give perspective to being and making disciples
33. Practical assignments in daily life enables great learning for the disciple
34. Being there for people in hard times and giving them practical help is vital for mentoring relationships
35. We need to remember God’s part, our part and the communities’ part in discipleship