50 Lessons in Discipleship (6-10)
In this series, I will be sharing 50 lessons in discipleship and mentoring. These are lessons that I have learned through life, sometimes through my mentors others times through my mentoring. I pass them on in hopes that they may be a blessing to you and others. I will share five at a time, because I think each statement will be richer as they are reflected upon. Thirty-nine of the Psalms contain the word Selah to break up the Psalm. Selah is the Hebrew way of saying “stop and listen” or “think about it.” So after each of the five discipleship lessons I will put Selah. Please feel free to share lessons you have learned in discipleship or your thoughts on lessons that I’ve learned. These lessons are not in any particular order.
LESSONS IN DISCIPLESHIP
6. Everything we do is informed by our theology, so in discipleship we need to equip people to know God and the scriptures well
7. Mutuality and reciprocity brings richness to mentoring relationships
8. Asking the right questions is vital in life and when it comes to discipleship
9. Discipleship multiplies joy, divides sorrow and expands the kingdom
10. Some of the richest discipleship develops through natural friendships as opposed to programs